The difference is in the delivery
Calcipotriene delivered in an elegant, aqueous-based foam that is easy to apply and convenient for patients to use.1,2
SORILUX Foam contains VersaFoam®–AEF
- Spreadable formulation that can be applied to hair–bearing and non—hair–bearing areas2
- Absorbs quickly without greasiness or residue2,3
- Aqueous–based emulsion, free of ethanol
- Penetrates the skin barrier to deliver the molecule into the epidermis and dermis3
- Free of preservatives and fragrances
The contribution to efficacy of individual components of the vehicle has not been established.
Product characteristics of SORILUX Foam
Calcipotriene 50 mcg/g (synthetic vitamin D3 analog)
A thin layer of emollient foam should be applied twice daily to the affected areas and rubbed into the skin gently and completely. Avoid contact with the face and eyes
60 g and 120 g aluminum cans
SORILUX Foam does not contain:
References: 1. SORILUX Foam [package insert]. Greenville, NC: Mayne Pharma; 2016. 2. Weiss S, Wyres M, Brundage T. A novel foam vehicle is consistently preferred by patients for dermatologic conditions. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011;64(2):AB50. 3. Data on file. Greenville, NC; Mayne Pharma LLC.